Welcome to the Ridge High School Engineering Project Page. I invite you to periodically check the site for an interactive experience inside my classroom. I hope you enjoy and comment on our classroom activity posts. You will find projects and activities from the following classes: Architecture, Engineering Design/CAD I & II and Robotics I& II
I am proud to announce that I have been awarded the "2017 ITEEA Teacher Excellence Award".
(International Technology and Engineering Education Association)
Twitter; @MrDotta4tech
~~~At the end of this page, be sure to click "Older Posts" to see More!~~~
~~~At the end of this page, be sure to click "Older Posts" to see More!~~~
Sunday, November 10, 2019
Building Towers in Tech Design & Innovation Class
Students learned about engineering principles of which they applied to building a tower that must withstand as much compressive strength as possible, while being as light as possible. After using an efficiency formula, our winning group found that their tower held 3,290 lbs at an efficiency ratio of 567.24 lbs per oz.!! Thanks to Steve Richards for hooking me up with this project.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment