Welcome to the Ridge High School Engineering Project Page. I invite you to periodically check the site for an interactive experience inside my classroom. I hope you enjoy and comment on our classroom activity posts. You will find projects and activities from the following classes: Architecture, Engineering Design/CAD I & II and Robotics I& II

I am proud to announce that I have been awarded the "2017 ITEEA Teacher Excellence Award".
(International Technology and Engineering Education Association)


Twitter; @MrDotta4tech

~~~At the end of this page, be sure to click "Older Posts" to see More!~~~
~~~At the end of this page, be sure to click "Older Posts" to see More!~~~

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Engineering Design CAD II Students Projects

I had the pleasure of teaching another amazing class this year who designed some awfully impressive projects!!!  

Students in this second level engineering course were challenged to design custom projects that must be mechanical in nature. Incorporating parts such as gears and/or simple machines was a requirement. The students drew the parts on AutoDesk Inventor or AutoCAD in either 2D or 3D depending on the part. Parts were then 3D printed or Laser cut and then assembled. As usual, Ridge students produced amazingly complex and impressive projects. Every part of every mechanism is designed and drawn by the students; they are not permitted to simply download ready-made files from the Internet.

Igor Guranovic’s Award Winning Model of a Working 4-Speed Transmission



Catherine Giuseffi’s Adjustable Smart Phone Mount



Madison Lui’s Laser Cut Geneva Mechanism with Electric Motor



Jon Bissonnette’s Archimedes Screw Model


Moises Rivadeneyra’s Gyroscope


Vincent Richards’ 3D Printed 3 Cylinder W-Engine



Carolyn Wang and Leslie Hwang’s Laser Cut and 3D Printed Galileo’s Escapement Clock




Ann Kang’s Impressive Rubik’s Cube (in progress)

David Kim's Strand Beast (In progress)

Chris Au’s 3D Printed Concept Vehicle




No comments:

Post a Comment