Welcome to the Ridge High School Engineering Project Page. I invite you to periodically check the site for an interactive experience inside my classroom. I hope you enjoy and comment on our classroom activity posts. You will find projects and activities from the following classes: Architecture, Engineering Design/CAD I & II and Robotics I& II

I am proud to announce that I have been awarded the "2017 ITEEA Teacher Excellence Award".
(International Technology and Engineering Education Association)


Twitter; @MrDotta4tech

~~~At the end of this page, be sure to click "Older Posts" to see More!~~~
~~~At the end of this page, be sure to click "Older Posts" to see More!~~~

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Student/Parent Appreciation :) Thanks for all the kind words!


Hi Mr. Dotta, 

I wanted to shoot you off a quick note to let you know that when I spoke with Jalaal the other night he mentioned you. Jalaal has joined the Formula 1 club and they are in the middle of pulling apart an engine. Jalaal mentioned that while many of the Freshman had no clue, he remembered his time with you in class and it was easy. Thought you might like to know that you are still in Jalaal's mind even after graduation. Enjoy the school year. 

Thank you, 
Amina 


I wanted to take a moment to compliment one of your teachers Mark Dotta.  My son Jalaal  insisted I write to you to let you know that Mr. Dotta's classes were engaging and filled with knowledgeable learning.  My son has always known that he would someday be a Mechanical Engineer.  As such he took every technical class you had in the curriculum since freshman year.  Along the way he had several teachers all with varying degrees of knowledge.

Mr. Dotta has far exceeded our expectations this year.  Jalaal loved his Industrial Design class that was filled with practical learning.  I commend Mr. Dotta for bringing in a practical dimension by pulling apart an engine in class. Every day Jalaal learned something new which I'm sure will carry him as he begins a new chapter in his life at Lehigh School of Engineering.

Congratulations to Mr. Dotta!  I hope he knows how much the students loved his class. Many thanks for inspiring my child.

Regards,
Amina 

_______________________________________________________________________________

      Hey Mr. Dotta. 

      Just wanted to say how things were going here at Scranton. I'm majoring in Electrical Engineering. The classes I am taking are pretty tough, except for one… I'm taking CAD again! And its the easiest class ever. We are making orthographic drawings on CAD and I have only received 100%s. My professor asked me if I ever took the class before. I told him how I used AutoCAD for a year and would sit in on other classes of yours. My professor looked at some of my old drawings from high school and told me that we did more advanced things in your class than this course will cover. The way my professor teaches CAD is by typing everything into the command line, which I find very confusing. Many students have come up to me asking for help and I taught them the program in a much easier way, the way you taught us.  I have also applied to become a paid tutor for the class next semester. So I just wanted to thank you for teaching CAD so well. 

      Brian Jenkins
10/16, 8:23am

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hi Mr. Dotta, 

I wish I’d had a chance to say thank you in person. I want you to know how grateful we are to have you as Zoe’s CAD teacher this year. Zoe loved your class from the start. Zoe always has positive things to say about your lessons. Thank you for all your hard work.  I truly appreciate it.

Have a wonderful summer!
 ______________________________________________________________________________


Hi Mr. Dotta

Thank you for taking the time to write to me about Ashley.  She enjoys both the CAD class and the Club after school.  She definitely has a few of your courses selected for next year's line-up and she is hoping she gets at least one of them.  I do appreciate your encouragement and reinforcement of Women in Engineering.  

Thank you again.
 Elizabeth G.
________________________________________________________________________________ 


No comments:

Post a Comment